Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Skipping in the Sunhine! (Sort of)

Good Afternoon Daydreamers!

If you follow me on Pinterest, you may be aware that I've been attempting to get healthy in time for summer.

Now I'm going to be honest here, I have always been a bit extremely lazy when it comes to exercise and never really thought I was so unfit however, I decided enough was enough when the other day, my Mum and I went for a brisk walk to my grandmas house (which is about 1 mile down the road). Halfway through the walk, I was huffing and puffing like there was no tomorrow, with rosy cheeks and aching feet.

So that was when I made the decision- I need to start walking/ exercising more often.

I came to the conclusion that if I was to take up walking, I'd need to invest in a new pair of trainers, some gym leggings and a bright pink sports top was also very much an essential (obviously)
I was all geared up and excited whilst purchasing these items. 
I had visions of me jogging down the street, looking all toned and smiling whilst my hair swished in the wind. 

Then once all the kit was bought and the time had come to begin walking, reality hit hard.
 I began making excuses- 
"oh these beautiful trainers are so pretty, it would be a shame for them to get dirty" 
and 
"Hmmm, the sky's quite overcast and I'm sure we're forecast for rain today"


So here I am.
It seems that when I'm doing something for someone else, I try my very hardest to do my best so that everything succeeds, but whenever I only have myself to let down, I just make excuses and postpone.

 I really do want to get fit and healthy and I think I would actually enjoy walking/ jogging- especially with all the lovely weather we've been gifted lately. I just seem to have a problem with making the initial decision to put my trainers on, get up and go.

So here is where I'm asking you all for help. 
If any of you have more motivation than me (and let's be honest, that's covers the majority of you) PLEASE share your fitness routine or goals or even tips
I'd be grateful for any advice on the subject .

I feel like now I've told you lovely lot about this new fitness plan, I'll feel more compelled to complete the task I've set for myself- to walk more, haha. 
You'd think I was trying to train for a marathon with all this drama!

Hopefully, when I next write a post on this topic, I'll be full of praise for fitness routines and trying to convince you all that it's great fun... hopefully.

Thank you for reading lovelies and don't forget, any fitness and motivation tips will be very much appreciated : )

2 comments:

  1. I totally get where you're coming from! I also was really out of shape, but also really lazy and I wanted to change that. But in my case I needed to lose some serious weight before my wedding (I ended up dropping 40 kilos which is insane) and now I'm working on maintaining that. I have a post up on my blog about what I do stay active at home, which is also good if the weather isn't bright and lovely outside! Wishing you all the luck in the world, just have fun with it! :D xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow 40 kilos?! That really is amazing, well done!! I'll go and check out the post on your blog now, it would be great to be able to work out at home too. Thank you so much for the good luck : ) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...